Sorry... I meant to save the last entry as a draft and instead it posted... Here's another take at it...
Traditionally in the era of dynasties and kingdoms, royalty ate elaborate meals. I wanted to try one of those meals that came out with over 20 side dishes and several main entrees.
My cousin took me to this several course meal in the outskirts of Seoul. I forgot to take a shot of the first course but it was a salad with a sweet/tart black sesame dressing and a black sesame porridge.
Each serving was petite but by the 3rd course, I was already full.
2. seasoned dumpling wraps with wasabi-flavored vegetables
3. deep-fried monk fish with sweet and sour sauce
4. clear jelly with briscuit meat, cucumbers and black sesame seeds
5. deep-fried shrimp
6. shitake-mushroom based soup
7. minced ground beef with alfalfa sprouts
8. wasabi-flavored vegetables
9. boiled pork with cabbage
10. seasoned shrimp with mayo
11. side dishes with 2 different soups + fish